Problem: User cannot send emails from Dynamics 365
Resolution: Configure outgoing mailbox
If you want to send an email from Dynamics 365 CRM, then you should configure the emails in CRM. Sometimes, if you have a workflow that needs to send an email to the customer from a particular email address, you must configure the outgoing of that email address.
There is a setting in CRM, which is called Email Configuration under Settings -> System -> Email Configuration. Here you can configure the mailbox, that you want to use for sending emails.
- Make sure the user has Office 365 licence for Emails (exchange, outlook)
- User configuring the outgoing emails should have the Office 365 Administrator and Dynamics 365 Administrator role. (I did it with my Global Admin role)
- Now go to Mailboxes
- Open User’s mailbox and click “Approve email”
- After approval, click “Test & Enable Mailbox”. This will run a configuration test and user will receive a test email
- After the test is completed, the Outgoing Email Status should be “Success”
- Now the user can send emails from Dynamics 365
- The end