- Office 365 and OneDrive for Business Subscription
- Synchronized Users
- Making an AD Group for the Synchronized Users and calling it as Hybrid Users
- Organization Custom Domain
- SharePoint Services Activated
- Managed Meta Data
- User Profiles
- App management
- Subscription Setting
The OneDrive can be found in SharePoint on Premises at the App Launcher (in 2016 version) and in navigation bar (in 2013). If the User is a Hybrid User, system will redirect user to Office 365 OneDrive to Business else they will be routed to the On Premises OneDrive for Business.
Configuring OneDrive for Business Hybrid:
- Go to your Central Admin ( in SharePoint 2016 or 2013)
- Then go to the Office 365 Option on the Left Bottom, above Configuration Wizards
- Click it
- You can see the whole page for configuration, lets configure it
- Paste the My Sites Link from Office 365 in your Central Admin link as below: You can get the My Sites Link from SharePoint Admin Center and copy paste the my site link. It will look something like this https://company.org-my.sharepoint.com.
6. Now add the Hybrid User Group. This is an AD Group which has Users list who has office 365 licensed and are Hybrid Users. These Users are synced through AD Sync and are assigned a license
7. Select Hybrid features as “ One Drive Only
8. Click Ok
9. All done
Now when the Hybrid User will click his/her OneDrive from SharePoint On Premises, he/she will be redirected to Office 365 OneDrive for Business. Please note that previous on premises One Drive Data will NOT be migrated, you would need to do that by using office 365 command shell or any third party tool.
Also it is a good idea to programmatically provision OneDrive for Business for Users in Office 365. A very nice blog on this by Frank.https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/frank_marasco/2014/03/25/so-you-want-to-programmatically-provision-personal-sites-one-drive-for-business-in-office-365/