I was working for a customer on a SharePoint migration Project from SharePoint Online to SharePoint Online, and the feature of “Save Site as Template” was missing. And because of this I couldn’t save the site as template and use it with content in my other Office 365 tenant.
following below procedure I was able to get my “Save Site as Template” option back in “Site Settings”
- Sign in to Office 365 Admin Portal
- Open SharePoint Online Admin Portal
- Go to Settings on the Left Panel of the Admin Portal
- Scroll Down to “Custom Script”
- Check “ Allow users to run custom script on personal site” and “Allow users to run custom script on self-service created sites”
- Wait for 24 Hours
- After 24 Hours, you can check and “Save Site as Template” option will come under Site Settings in SharePoint Site Collections
- Task is done
If in case you are using SharePoint Online and your time Zone is not set, make sure it is set.As at times Changes are not pushed to the Portal and are delays because of the Time Zone.
Microsoft Reference Link: