SharePoint 2010 – User Information List (UIL) not synchronized with User Profile Service (UPS)

Standard

Working on SharePoint 2010 where User Profile was configured and synched with Active Directory for using some Properties in SharePoint workflows developed in SharePoint Designer and also for Audience features on some web parts.

We observed that User Profiles are perfectly synched with active directory as per the defined scheduled but User Information List was not updating accordingly. After browsing of many blogs we came to know that synchronization between UIL and UPS has stopped. As a first resort we restarted the server but problem persisted. Finally we found stsadm commands that solved our problems.

Below is the solution we applied that was mentioned in a blog.

There are two jobs, User Profile to SharePoint Quick Sync and User Profile to SharePoint Full Sync, that synchronize the User Profile database information with the UIL. Sometimes this stops working (properly) and in that case you need to run:

stsadm -o sync -listolddatabases 0

stsadm -o sync -deleteolddatabases 0

The first command will list Content Databases that haven’t had the UPA -> UIL sync occur in 0 or more days.

The second command will delete the records corresponding to those databases (it doesn’t delete databases/end user data)

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s